Hey ! It's List-time Again Lads and Ladies!
Gibson.com has ranked the 10 Greatest Concept Albums of All Time and The Who's Tommy tops the list. The site says, "Thematically speaking, The Who's Quadrophenia is a more fully realized album, but Tommy gets higher marks for its innovative and pioneering status... The storyline about Pete Townshend's deaf, dumb and blind character becomes murky by album's end, but the music and arrangements remain taut and cohesive throughout." Jethro Tull landed at number-two with Thick as a Brick. Also making the list are albums by Rush, The Beatles and Pink Floyd.
1) The Who - Tommy (1969)
2) Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick (1972)
3) Drive-By Truckers - Southern Rock Opera (2001)
4) The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967)
5) Green Day - American Idiot (2004)
6) Alice Cooper - Welcome to My Nightmare (1975)
7) Dream Theater - Metropolis Part Two: Scenes from a Memory (1999)
8) David Bowie - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars (1972)
9) Rush - 2112 (1976)
10) Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon (1973)