Friday, March 11, 2011
An Iowa man (above) has vowed to subsist on nothing but beer and water for the 46 days from Ash Wednesday until Easter, on April 24.
J. Wilson is a home brewer, beer blogger and editor of the weekly Adams County Free Press newspaper. The married father of two, who describes himself as a nondenominational Christian, says he became fascinated with the 300-year-old tale of doppelbock beer known as "liquid bread," brewed by German monks who were not allowed to eat food during Lent.
"The idea came to me a couple years ago, and it didn't really make sense then, my wife quickly pointed out," said Wilson, 38, adding that he worked 13 hours a day in a restaurant back then. "I did not live the life of a monk at that time."
But with preparations that began in August, including bulking up from his normal 140 pounds to 160 since Thanksgiving, Wilson says he was ready to give it a go. He says he already was down to 157 pounds by Thursday.
He's living on four 12-ounce Illuminator Doppelbocks a day, brewed for him by the Rock Bottom Brewery in Des Moines. Each beer contains just under 300 calories and is roughly 6.7 percent alcohol.
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
So, did Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews shave his head?
On Tuesday morning, he tweeted this:
"Just got my Britney Spears on... what do u think??"
With that tweet, he linked to the photo at upper right, which shows Matthews without his long, brown-blonde hair.
Later in the day, Matthews fessed up. He tweeted:
"Relax y'all... I could never cut my hair!! Filming a spot 4 Jimmy
It's not known when the skit will be aired. Matthews isn't listed among the guests for this week's shows."Jimmy Kimmel
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
These days it seems like practically any celebrity can put out a fragrance. Every time you turn around, a new celeb has a perfume or cologne bottle with their name on it. Here's a list of 10 random celebrities and their scents from TheFrisky.com.
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom. These two have a unisex fragrance called Unbreakable.
- Derek Jeter. His cologne is called Driven.
- Jennifer Aniston. Expect a Jen perfume out this month.
- Usher. Of course he has a fragrance.
- Donald Trump. Even the Donald came out with a scent. Ah, the sweet smell of success.
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. She has two and he has three. This couple must smell amazing.
- Halle Berry. She has three perfumes. The most recent is called Reveal.
- Fergie. It's called Outspoken and is Avon's best selling perfume of all time.
- Avril Lavigne. It's called Black Star and she sings a jingle about it in the commercial.
- Antonio Banderas. No surprise here -- Diavolo is a best seller.
AC/DC will release their next concert DVD, Live at River Plate, on May 10th. Filmed in high-def with 32 cameras in December 2009 in Buenos Aires, Argentina during their Black Ice tour, the DVD features 19 songs as well as behind-the-scenes footage and interviews. It will be available on DVD, Blu-ray and a limited-edition collector's edition with an exclusive T-shirt.
1. Rock n' Roll Train
2. Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be
3. Back in Black
4. Big Jack
5. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
6. Shot Down in Flames
8. Black Ice
9. The Jack
10. Hells Bells
11. Shoot to Thrill
12. War Machine
13. Dog Eat Dog
14. You Shook Me All Night Long
16. Whole Lotta Rosie
17. Let There Be Rock
18. Highway to Hell
19. For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)
Monday, March 7, 2011
Whoa... We've been angry before, but never this angry.
There are just some things you don't do in a civilized society and trashing a liquor store ain't one of them.
This is a surveillance video so there's no sound. But it's clear that after entering the liquor establishment, the woman in the video had some sort of dispute with the staff. She then decided to leave, but not before causing thousands of dollars worth of damage.
If the KISS fan in your life has been complaining that there haven't been KISS Kondoms on the market for more than five years, here's good news! You can now order the second generation Kiss Kondom at Condomania.com. This new version features an illustration of Gene Simmons and his famous tongue stretching down the length of the condom.