The state of New York has recently released a new list of "dangerous" activities that summer camps need to keep out of their programs.
Yes. We are getting wimpier and wimpier by the year.
Here are a few things on the list:
- Wiffle Ball -- How hard would you have to swing that yellow plastic bat to do serious bodily damage?
- Kickball -- If kickball scares you as a little kid, real life is going to be a real shocker for your timid little soul.
- Dodgeball -- Here's an obvious one. We know it's dangerous, and it makes skinny nerds feel terrible. But ... it builds character.
- Capture The Flag -- Not dangerous at all, unless it's played with guns. But then it's called "war."
- Red Rover -- This one makes some sense. There is the potential for a lot of dislocated shoulders.