Monday, May 2, 2011

Velvet Stone Motley Led Smith - The Many Offers of Sammy Hagar


In a brand new interview with Forbes.com, legendary rocker Sammy Hagar was asked how he decides what bands he should join and which bands to avoid. "I was asked at one time to be in MÖTLEY CRÜE," he replied. "I was asked at one time to be in PANTERA by their managers. I was asked to be in VELVET REVOLVER when Scott Weiland quit and went back to the STONE TEMPLE PILOTS. I was waiting to be asked to be in LED ZEPPELIN to say no, since they were the greatest band on earth and no could replace Robert Plant. I was asked to be in AEROSMITH and I said no. Certain bands and certain front man singers are more difficult to replace than others.
"
When I came into VAN HALEN, it was easy because Dave [Lee Roth] wasn't a great singer, but he was a good frontman. In those times, I was selling out the same arenas they were, so it was like the combination of two forces and it worked but it's a rare thing. We were all lucky that the fans accepted it and it got bigger. I would avoid bands that are going to break up pretty soon."

No comments:

Post a Comment