Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Punks get Punked

Here's the story... a student body was going to play a "prank" on their basketball coach and tell him that if he could make a blindfolded basketball shot from half court he would win tickets to this years Final Four. What they didn't tell him was that there were no tickets and the student body planned on reacting to the shot as if he made it THEN would reveal to him that it was all a prank and he actually missed. HA!
But here's the funny part.... he made the shot!



"I've been around long enough and done these kinds of practical jokes," said Branstrom, who also teaches biology at the suburban Kansas City school. "I figured they were trying to punk me." Before launching the shot, Branstrom figured he was about to be hit in the face with a pie, so he held the ball up as protection for a few seconds. "I knew they would cheer regardless to make me think I hit it," Branstrom said. "I let it go, they cheered, I heard laughter. I seriously didn't know I made it for a while."
This year's NCAA semifinals and finals are being played in Indianapolis. "I would love a chance to go there," he said. No such luck. The students never had the promised tickets, so they wound up buying him a gift card to a Mexican restaurant.
"Some of the kids felt absolutely horrible that they didn't have tickets," Branstrom said. "But that's not what it's all about. We got some smiles, it was a feel-good moment."

No comments:

Post a Comment