You may or may not know this, but the Japanese have a thing for weird drinks.
As a nation, they love soft drinks. Surveys show that about 40% of the nation's citizens drink at least one soft drink every day. That's about 50 million people.
And, trends come and go very quickly in Japan, so soft drink companies are constantly coming out with new stuff.
Here's a rundown of some bizarre soft drinks that are currently on sale in Japan:
- Pepsi Blue Hawaii -- It's Pepsi, flavored with Pineapple and Lemon.
- Fanta Furufuru Shaker -- It's a Jello drink that gets fizzy when you shake it.
- Melon Milk -- Melon is actually a favorite fruit flavor in Japan, so it was only a matter of time before they mixed it with milk.
- Bilk -- 70% beer, 30% milk. No joke.
- Kid's Wine -- The beverage company Sangaria makes "wine" for children.
- Placenta Drink -- One of the ingredients is the placenta from a pig.
- Eel Soda -- An energy drink made with eel extract.
- Okkikunare Drinks -- Okkikunare is Japanese for "make them bigger." These apple, peach, and mango flavored drinks are infused with a special ingredient that supposedly enlarges breasts.