Thursday, April 8, 2010

Tiger... I Am Your Father

Nike debut a new Tiger Woods ad. It features a stoic Tiger (stunner there) with the disembodied voice of his late father Earl Woods saying, "TIGER, I AM MORE PRONE TO BE INQUISITIVE, TO PROMOTE DISCUSSION. I WANT TO FIND OUT WHAT YOUR THINKING WAS. I WANT TO FIND OUT WHAT YOUR FEELINGS ARE. AND DID YOU LEARN ANYTHING?" (END QUOTE)
Creepy...? Yeah kinda'. Effective...? Compelling....? are other words you could apply. It's a ballsy move by Nike but I just don't know if this is the time for any ad featuring Tiger to come out... especially when the ad is trying to sell NOT a product but the spokesperson to the public. ALSO... consider that the late Mr. Woods was not the most honest and loyal husband either... just do it indeed.
J.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment